Kisan Vikas Patras (KVP) is a small savings scheme run by the Department of Posts. NSC is a government scheme, and thus it is a very safe investment option. It is long term investment option but the scheme was discontinued w.e.f. 1st December 2011. Kisan Vikas Patras (KVPs) have been re-launched vide Notification dated 23rd September 2014.
Salient Features of Kisan Vikas Patras (KVP):
- Amount Invested doubles in 100 months (8 years & 4 months)
- Available in denominations of Rs 1,000, 5000, 10,000 and Rs 50,000. Minimum deposit Rs 1000/- and no maximum limit.
- Certificate can be purchased by an adult for himself or on behalf of a minor or by two adults.
- KVP can be purchased from any Departmental Post office.
- Facility of nomination is available.
- Certificate can be transferred from one person to another and from one post office to another.
- Certificate can be encashed after 2 & 1/2 years from the date of issue.
- Minimum Lock-in Period: 2 years 6 months
- Maturity period: 8 years & 4 months.